*Do you want your work to feel like a calling where you make a difference every day?
*Would you like to help more families benefit from a service that helps students achieve their educational goals?
*Are you looking for the training, resources, and support necessary to do the best work of your career?
Collegewise is looking for our next great addition to become the General Manager of Asia. Prior sales and marketing experience in the Asian education sector is preferred.
First, a quick introduction
Collegewise believes that the college admissions process has spun out of control for high school students and their parents. And we’re out to change all of that. Together, we’ve built the nation’s largest college counseling organization with over 50 highly trained counselors injecting guidance, perspective, and occasional cheerleading into the admissions process for the families who join our programs. Since 1999, we’ve helped over 12,000 A-students, C-students, and everyone in between find, apply to, and attend the right colleges for them.
What’s the job?
You will have P&L responsibility for the entire division, including:
• Management: You’ll manage a team across geographic regions, making sure they understand what is expected of them, clearing obstacles so they can do their best work, and giving them what they need to meet or exceed their goals.
• Operational support: You’ll provide the oversight, training, and support necessary to help your team run and grow their businesses. From developing budgets, to executing marketing and customer relations plans, to delighting customers, you’ll make sure every member of your team has clear objectives and the support they need to meet them.
• Marketing and sales leadership: You need to drive results. You’ll make sure each market creates and executes its marketing plan to exacting standards and keeps close track of sales results. Collegewise cannot help students get where they want to go if they don’t know about us.
• Expansion: While initially focused on our current Singapore office, you will eventually oversee our expansion into Vietnam and other countries throughout Asia. Our goal is to grow from one to multiple offices in key Asian cities in 2018. You’ll help us design—and then execute—a smart plan to get it done.
• Recruiting and hiring: Winning coaches don’t want the owner naming the starting lineup for them. As our operations expand, you’ll work closely with our Recruiting and Hiring Department to find and select the best people to join your team. (That will be our only blatant sports analogy in this post, we promise.)
Who are we looking for?
• You have a proven track record of strong results, you welcome the accountability of a role like this, and you get excited about the potential of beating expectations.
• You challenge yourself and your team to continuously improve. You build a positive, engaging work environment, and you create both the structure and the processes to help the people you manage do their very best work.
• Experience in education or high-touch service industries will benefit you here. Your track record of results will be more important to us than will the number of years you’ve put in.
• You’ve planned successful marketing and outreach campaigns around student recruitment, particularly in local Asian markets. You’re also comfortable building and managing a sales force to help your teams reach their goals.
• You’ve worked or otherwise interacted with officials and administrators at both international and local schools, and you’re confident in your ability to build those relationships.
• You’re astute. You’re able to read people and situations. You’re a clear thinker and communicator who likes to explain, write, host, and speak in public.
• Fluency in Mandarin would be a plus for this role but is not a requirement for the right person. We will also look favorably on candidates who have knowledge of the college admissions process in the United States or United Kingdom.
• And most importantly, you believe in the vision of Collegewise. You want to contribute your significant skills as a leader, operator, and manager to our goal of helping as many families as possible transform their journey to college.
Salary, location, and start date
This position will be located in our Singapore office. For a qualified candidate who meets these specifications, Collegewise is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package. We’d like our hire to start as soon as possible, but we can adjust the start date to accommodate the right person.
What’s the next step?
If your interest is piqued, we hope you’ll get to know us a little better on our website. Find out more about what we do, who you’d be working with, and what we believe. If you like what you read and think you could find a professional home here, please email a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and use the subject line “Collegewise GM of Asia.”
Like a great college essay, a great cover letter helps us get to know who you really are. You’re more interesting than a generic insert-name-of-company-here letter paints you to be. So please be yourself—smart, thoughtful, maybe even funny. You might also consider checking out our five tips for job-seekers.
If you have questions about the job, please email us at the above address rather than call us. We promise to respond to you quickly.
Thanks for reading our post. We’d love to hear from you, but if we don’t, we hope you find the perfect professional fit someplace else.